Corporate Title / Internal Grade VP
Job Location (City Level ) Beijing 北京
Department and Business Unit SAFE
Reporting Line (s)
(Indicate functional title of the manager. If more than 1 mgr, pls indicate the split of responsibilities, and solid/dotted line)
Head of SAFE, Asia Pacific; Local COO China
Subordinates ( if applicable) None
1. Acts as Local Head of Operational Risks Management for SG China
2. Provides support to Regional Operational Risk Management team (new Product Committee (NPC), Permanent Supervision (PS), Business Continuity Planning (BCP), etc).
3. Provides support to Management in planned and ad hoc projects assigned.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
1. Operational Risk (OR) Management
Ø Coordinate and assist all business units on the implementation/updates of their permanent supervision (PS) programmes.
Ø Coordinate and supervise the usage of GPS (PS reporting tool) and the implementation of new controls when needed; provide monthly tracking report to Management.
Ø Follow-up of PS anomalies, non declarations and quality of control execution (spot check).
Ø Local contact point for weekly alert incident monitoring in relation with local Compliance, COO and Regional SAFE.
Ø Organise and prepare material for committees such as Operational Risks Committee, OES Committee, 3RC etc.
Ø Ensure all Audit recommendations are closed on time with appropriate action plans and controls in place.
Ø Coordination and implementation of new Head Office OR tools and norms/policies.
Ø Coordinate the loss event reporting in the Operational Loss collection database (CAROLINE). Ensure that Ops loss description are properly reported, on-time and with remediation plans.
Ø Support Regional SAFE in the conduct of interviews for RCSA exercise.
Ø Co-ordination with other ORMs teams in the business units (Operations, Product Control Group, etc).
2. Business Continuity Management. With the support of the Regional BCM Coordinator:
Ø Assist Heads of Departments in devising effective recovery procedures
Ø Coordinate, in liaison with IT Dept, the annual BCP test drill; assist in regional and global test drills
Ø Perform Business Impact Analysis in line with Head Office templates and methodology
Ø Maintain the BCP database, in particular contacts lists and call tree
Ø Participates in Regional projects aiming and enhancing BCM set-up
3. Operational Risk related projects assigned by local management or SAFE Asia Management
Ø Contribution to the Regional Operational Risk reporting and projects
Ø Implementation of actions requiring the input of the Operational Risks Managers of the regional Departments
Authorisation delegated to the person – n/a
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
1. At least 8-10 years experience in banking industry
2. Understanding of operational risk management through previous experience in Audit, Operations, Accounting or Risk Management
3. Knowledge in corporate and investment banking business.
Good communication and Project management skills
Tertiary education in banking, accounting or business administration
External; and/or internal banking and auditing or financial consulting or operational risk experience
3 direct reports based in Beijing
Internal: Regional SAFE, Business lines and GBS functions
External:Local Regulators and/or auditors工作地址：