Senior Engineer/Engineer, Electrical/Electronic Design
Reference #: CTO/EC/SPDS/2451a-b/190121
- Perform battery management circuitry (BMC) design including simulation, circuit design, PCB layout, prototyping, testing and debugging to meet existing or future R&D project requirements.
- Work together with software team on drivers and firmware development for energy storage systems.
- Compile technical documents for relevant project deliverables, including design drawings, BOM, test plans, test reports, etc.
- Provide on-site product testing and support service to project clients.
- To provide cross-functional co-ordination among thermo-mechanical, materials and process, test and reliability groups for product implementation.
- Participate and contribute to preparation of project proposals and develop key IPs/patents for energy storage system technology.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related disciplines with 6 years of experience, Master degree with 3 years of experience, or PhD holder in related area. Suitable Candidate with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in power electronics/modules/converters/inverters design.
- Hands-on experience in at least TWO of following expertise:
- Electrical layout design for high power electronics modules including IGBT, MOSFET, SiC/GaN FET, power converters, etc.
- High power electronics topologies and designs (such as phase interleaved boost converters, bidirectional dc/dc converters, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of with various communication protocols and firmware, such as I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, etc., together with relevant EMI protection.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills in hardware and firmware issues.
- Knowledge of Lithium battery/ultracapacitors systems, and high-power dc charging a plus.
- Responsible, self-motivated and good problem solving skills. Good interpersonal and team spirit.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
The appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email. Application will remain open until the position is filled.
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided byapplicants will be used for consideration of an application only. ASTRI reserves the right not to fill the position.