In conjunction with our member organisation, the University of Sheffield, CBBC is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Beijing.
Partnerships Manager China – The University of Sheffield, Beijing, China
The University of Sheffield (via CBBC) is looking to appoint a talented and experienced Partnerships Manager China who will be able to develop fresh initiatives as well as build on the strong activities already underway in delivering the University’s international strategy in China. This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to play a key role in supporting the delivery of strategic partnerships across a range of University activities including research, teaching and alumni. More information on the University can be found atwww.sheffield.ac.uk/international
You will actively contribute to the University’s international strategy for China by providing strategic input into the development of the wider internationalisation agenda for China as well as being instrumental at a local level in developing relationships with key partners across teaching, research, industry and alumni. You will identify new business opportunities, and where these are in collaboration with Chinese institutions, work with colleagues in Sheffield to ensure effective governance is in place.
You will participate in education exhibitions, support recruitment agents, develop and maintain productive relations with partner organisations, provide quality market intelligence, identify and facilitate research collaboration opportunities and support alumni activity
You must be able to act as an ambassador for the University in strategic meetings and negotiations with stakeholders.
• Provide market intelligence to inform the University’s international marketing and partnership development plan for China, including coordinating - and in many cases delivering - the activities identified in the plan.
• Support strategic partnerships across all areas of academic activity, including ensuring connectivity between student recruitment and partnerships in areas such as Education 4.0, advanced manufacturing and innovation.
• Work closely with the Head of Global Engagement (China) and the Head of Partnerships & Global Opportunities to support the University’s strategic relationships at government and partner level in China including; Chinese Department of Education, Confucius Institutes, British Council, China Scholarship Council and current University partners.
• Represent the University at recruitment exhibitions, seminars, school visits and presentation events across north China.
• Support the Sheffield-based alumni team to facilitate engagement with alumni by developing the network of alumni groups including co-ordinating alumni events in market and identifying ambassadors to help with profile building and student recruitment.
• Work with the International Recruitment Manager to manage the performance of the network of recruitment agents across China.
• Identify potential new recruitment partners for articulation / collaboration agreements including undertaking initial due diligence and providing local support through the approval process.
• Develop relationships with existing partners to facilitate student recruitment / exchange.
• Promote and support academic links including accompanying academic and senior management visits to partner institutions relating to student recruitment and research.
• Work with colleagues in Research Services to identify funding opportunities in China that match the key research priorities at Sheffield and disseminate these opportunities supporting academics to build successful profiles.
• Provide high-quality market intelligence and identify new business opportunities across all University activities and disseminate back to Global Engagement colleagues.
• Provide detailed and high-quality market and recruitment advice and support to recruitment and marketing colleagues based in Departments and at Faculty level.
• Be an ambassador for The University of Sheffield and promote its reputation more generally.
Skills & Qualifications:
• A first degree or equivalent qualification.
• A proven understanding of the China international student recruitment market and Higher Education systems both in China and the UK.
• Experience of working in the education sector in China (3 years minimum)
• Experience and/or appreciation of living in the UK and its culture.
• Experience of preparing and delivering focused, insightful, integrated marketing and communications plans.
• Strong project management skills with ability to deliver to budget and deadlines.
• Knowledge of the research funding landscape in China and the UK.
• Fluency in English and Mandarin.
• Ability to set and deliver strategic objectives and prioritise a demanding workload.
• Good information management and IT skills, including MS Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, skills of diplomacy and persuasion.
• Ability to demonstrate capacity for new and independent thinking and for seeking novel solutions in a marketing setting.
• Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision both as part of a team or independently.
• Willingness to travel (both within China and to the UK).
The job holders will report administratively to CBBC’s office managers in Beijing and functionally will report to and be supported by a Senior International Recruitment Manager in the UK.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to Sheffieldbj2018@cbbc.org.cn by 17th June, 2018.