China-Britain Business Council (CBBC)/英中贸易协会
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) is the UK's leading independent source of China business information, advice, consultancy and services for UK industry.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.cbbc.org.
In conjunction with our member organisation, Ulster University, CBBC is currently looking to recruit a candidate for the following position, which will be based in Beijing.
Project Manager – Ulster University
With over 26,000 students, Ulster University is the largest university in Northern Ireland, and welcomes international students from over 100 countries globally. Ulster is placed in the Top 3% of World Universities in the QS World Rankings (2018), and named as one of the Top 150 Young Universities worldwide (Times Higher Education). Located across four campuses we are uniquely positioned to offer quick and affordable access to the rest of the UK and Europe, being only 1-hour flight from London, and 2-hours from Dublin by rail. As one of four regions that make up the UK, Northern Ireland is the safest and most affordable region to live in, and Belfast, the capital city, was voted ‘Best UK City’ by the Guardian and the Observer Travel Guide in 2016. Over 93% of Ulster graduates find professional employment or further study within 6 months of graduation.
The appointed person will have responsibility for raising the profile of the University in China and increasing opportunities for partnership, engagement and international student recruitment. They will develop and support relationships with schools, colleges and universities as well as with potential students, their agents and influencers. They will attend recruitment events and exhibitions, support new and existing partnerships and provide regular intelligence, reports and updates to the University to inform both decision making and investment in activities in china.
The post holder will operate to agreed targets with the primary objective of increasing applications and enrolments to Ulster University.
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent), the successful candidate will be highly motivated and innovative in their approach to student recruitment, possessing excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills combined with high levels of numeracy and report writing skills. Experience of developing effective partnerships with key stakeholders is essential as it’s the ability to manage social media, support and organise local events and contribute to the production of and producing high quality, locally focussed resources for recruitment purposes.
• Liaise with and communicate with contacts/clients in China
• Develop and support relationships with schools, colleges and universities as well as with potential students, their agents and influencers.
• Undertake market research and horizon scanning
• Help assess the opportunities and partnerships, advising on risk and quality issues as appropriate
• Provide regular intelligence, reports and updates to the University to inform both decision making and future investment in activities in china
Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience gained within the HE sector, preferably in the UK
• Experience of working in support of international student recruitment and partnership
• A good first degree, as well as excellent language skills in English and Mandarin.
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Capable of building working relationships and networks with people from a range backgrounds and cultures
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong customer focus, committed to ensuring delivery of excellent service standards
• The ability to grow with the business and develop new contacts/customers as the business grows
• Ability to work unsupervised for extended periods
Extensive travel will be required throughout the region to develop and nurture relationships with agents, partners and potential students. In addition, travel to Ulster University Northern Ireland campus will be required approximately once per quarter to engage with key members of staff on campus, ensuring product knowledge is informed and updated.
The job holders will report administratively to CBBC’s office managers in Beijing, and functionally will report to and be supported by the line manager of University of Ulster in the UK.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to email@example.com by 11th July.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
• Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.