Supervises technical publication activities, including authors and other staff involved in the technical information development process. The position includes scheduling and coordination of publications development to conform with product changes and ensure high quality, timely information to dealers, field personnel and customers. Develops publication budget estimates and monitors year-to-date costs to estimates. Oversees and evaluates technical information supplier activities.
• Supervises Authors and Service ADVISOR Analysts to ensure timeliness, data verification and overall quality of technical information.
• Coaches, counsels, motivates and provides recognition for Authors through meetings and one-on-one sessions.
• Develops, maintains and monitors technical information development budget estimates for use in Enterprise Product Development and Customer Support Planning projects.
• Oversees technical information supplier activities and provides performance evaluation of the supplier.
• Maintains projects using project management techniques. This includes adherence to world-wide authoring standards and information quality.
• Participates in Enterprise Product Development Process (EPDP) and Customer Satisfaction Process (CSP) and maintains technical information- related project plans and activities.
• Maintains a collaborative relationship between factory product support, marketing and engineering departments to meet technical information development expectations.
• Serves on Project Management Teams (PMT) to represent technical information development activities.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of information systems. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy. - Yes
• Knowledge of all business processes and how these processes are linked. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
• Understanding of activities, their sequence and measurement, and the ability to facilitate
implementation of process and participate in process. - Performs more complex functions,
understands principles, may teach others.
• Skill in interpersonal communication, negotiation, supplier management relations and conflict
resolution. - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
• Degree in an Engineering/Technology/Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience. - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
Relevant Work Experiences:
• Customer support experience with customer interaction regarding products, parts, and services. - 4 – 7 years
• Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, limited geographic area of responsibility, and broad product knowledge. - 4 - 7 years
• Factory experience with regular interfacing with design, engineering, and manufacturing; worldwide geographic area of responsibility; and focused product-specific knowledge. - 1 - 3 years
• Practical experience with John Deere machinery and equipment. - 4 - 7 years
• Experience in specific areas of Supply Management such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, module supply management, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc. May be position specific. - 1 - 3 years
Pls send your CV to both , and . Thank you.